Highway 29 Creative offers in state and out of state license, permit, and tax registration. Our team will consult with you to understand your business goals and advise on the best path for full compliance. We assist with initial set-up including Type 02, Type 17/20, and Type 85 permits with the ABC, as well as the TTB Basic Permit and COLA registration. 

For wineries or retailers looking to ship out-out of state, we can register your business for proper tax accounts and shipping permits. We partner with ShipComplaint, the industry’s leading tax and compliance software to automate your monthly reporting and integrate it with your e-commerce/pos platform. Finally, we can renew your permits as needed and provide a monthly maintenance service to ensure your reports are filed properly. 


Types of California ABC Permits Explained

Type 02 -

Type 09 -

Type 17/20 -

Type 85 -


Are you a California wine business looking to become compliant?

Follow our Roadmap to Get up and Running

1) Register with the TTB for a Federal Basic Permit

2) Register COLAs with TTB for each label you produce

3) Register with the California ABC for your permit

4) Register with the California Tax and Fee Administration for Sellers Permit

5) Register for Fictitious Business Name Statement if applicable (Napa County for sure!)

6) Register for Out of State Tax Accounts in applicable

7) Register for Out of State Shipping Permits in applicable states


DTC Wine Shipping Map

For Wineries


DTC Wine Shipping Map




Looking for Compliance Guidance?

Yeah, This Is Complicated Stuff! Let’s Talk!